The name of the organisation shall be “Girls Islamic Organisation” and the name of this constitution shall be “Constitution of Girls Islamic Organisation”. The Organisation shall work within Delhi Zone of Jamaat-e Islami Hind.
The mission of the organisation shall be to
prepare female students and young women for the reconstruction of society in the light of
(b) Aims &Objectives
1. To promote & cultivate true knowledge &
understanding of Deen (Islam) among female
students & young women.
2. To prepare female students & young women
to lead their individual and collective lives in
accordance with the Quran and Sunnah.
3. To mobilize female students & young women to promote virtues (amar bil maroof) and uproot evils (nahi anil munkar), and to work for eradication of social evils and wrong customs in society.
4. To provide for their all-round development and
to make sure that they practically receive the
rights that Islam has bestowed upon them.
5. To promote moral values in the educational
system, and better academic & moral
atmosphere in educational institutions.
6. To make arrangements for the all-round
development of the individuals working with
the organisation, to nourish their talents and
to make them a useful asset for the Islamic
Any female student or young woman,whose age is less than 30 years, can become an associate of the Organisation if she agrees with the aims and objectives and is ready to cooperate and participate in the activities of the Organisation.
- The nominee should be a member of the Organisation, but should not aspire to any post.
- She should, on the whole, be better than other members in her electoral/ nomination zone in terms of religious knowledge, piety, understanding of affairs, sagacity and sound opinion, observance to the Constitution, steadfastness and struggle in the way of Allah, and organisational abilities.
(a) The Organisation shall have a biennial term. Election or appointment for central posts shall be for two years and local for one year.
(b) The election or appointment against any vacancy in midterm will remain valid for the rest of the term.
(c) Age shall not be a bar to persons holding constitutional offices at the cent, in completion of their tenure, if they cross the age limit of 30 years during the tenure.
The members of the State Advisory Council shall elect the President of the Organisation from among the members of the Organisation.
a) There shall be an advisory council to aid and advise the President, whom the President
shall consult on important matters which are
likely to have a considerable bearing on the
policy or discipline of the Organisation, or
which may be controversial.
b) The Patron shall fix the number of members of the advisory council after consulting the
c) Decisions regarding change, addition, deletion
and implementation of the Constitution will
be possible only if two-third majority of
the Advisory Council votes for it, and
will be implemented only after approval
from the Patron.
d) Attempts shall be made to take all decisions
unanimously in the Advisory Council,otherwise
decisions shall be taken by majority.
The members of the advisory Council shall be elected directly by the members of the organization or through representation. The General Secretary will be a member of the Advisory Council.
A meeting of the Advisory Council shall ordinarily be held once a year, and the intervening period between two meetings shall not be more than 14 months.
The President of the organization shall have the right to summon an emergency meeting at any time.
The quorum for the meeting shall be half of the total members of the Council. But in case a meeting is adjourned for lack of quorum, there shall be no quorum for the next meeting.
Attempts shall be made that decisions in the Advisory Council are taken unanimously; otherwise decisions shall be taken by majority vote. In case of equal voting, the decision shall be made in favour of the opinion that concurs with that of the President.
The President shall appoint the General Secretary in consultation with the Advisory Council.
A local unit will be formed wherever there are two or more members. But if there is only one member, then she will be directly in contact with the President and will act according to her instructions and guidance.
There shall be a local patron of the organization at the unit level. The local president (Ameer-e Muqami) of that unit of Jamaat-e Islami Hind, shall be the local patron.
- There shall be a unit president for every unit, elected by members.
- The local patron shall appoint the unit president where there are only two members.
- Associate circles shall be established wherever there are only associates, or only one member and associates.
The duties & powers of the unit president shall be as follows:
- To keep the unit functioning smoothly, to maintain discipline and to train and guide the members.
- To work actively to achieve the organizational aims and objectives and to keep the members active as well.
- To consult members about unit activities.
- To request the President to expel, suspend or accept resignation of any member of the unit.
- In all the above, the unit president will abide by the guidelines given by the President and shall be answerable to her.
There will be a local Baitul Maal at the unit level, and a central Baitul Maal of the organization at the central level.
- monthly ayaanat and donations by members of the organization
- Donations from well-wishers and sympathizers.
- Special funds from Baitul Maal of Jamaat-e Islami Hind.
Miscellaneous: Any additional regulations that may be required to fulfill the objectives of this constitution shall be framed by the President in consultation with the advisory council, and will be implemented after being approved by the chief patron.
The creed of this organisation shall be “Laa ilaaha illallah Muhammadur Rasoolullah” meaning “there is no God except Allah, and Muhammad (pbuh) is the messenger of Allah”.
(a) The Quran and Sunnah shall be the main
guide and basis for all the activities of the
(b) In all it ongoings, the organisation shall abide by moral limits.
(c) To achieve its aims & objectives, the
organisation shall adopt peaceful and
constructive methods and lawful means, & shall abstain from all acts which may lead to
communal hatred, class struggle or fasad filardh ( mischief on earth).
Every female student and young woman,who is a citizen of the Indian union, can become a member of this organisation, provided that she:
1. pledges, after understanding the
constitution of the Organisation, that she
shall abide by the Constitution and be in
accordance with its discipline.
2. is regular in Fasting & Prayer, and active
in observing other religious obligations
(Faraaiz) as per Shariah limits, and abstains
from Major Sins (Kabaa’ir).
3. is not more than 30 years of age, and
not less than 15 years.
Note : After fulfilling the conditions,a student or youth shall be deemed to be a member of the Organisation when the President of the Organisation accepts her application for membership.
There shall be a Patron (sarparast) of the Organisation who shall always be the Ameer-e Halqa, Jamaat-e Islami Hind, Delhi Zone. The duties and powers of the patron shall be as follows:
1. To see that the Organisation discharges its functions on healthy lines in accordance with its aims & objectives.
2. To arrange for election of the Central Advisory Council and the President of the Organisation as per the Constitution.
3. To accept resignation of the President and the General Secretary, or members of the Advisory Council; to suspend the President and General Secretary, and to dismiss them if it is in the interests of the Organisation.
4. Decisions relating to important or controversial matters of the Organisation or interpretation of Constitution and amendments therein shall be effective after the approval of the Patron.
Note: The Patron shall have the power to discharge his functions, if needed, through a person nominated by him.
The status of the President of the Organisation
shall be that of the Chief of the Organisation
and members shall be bound to obey her in
The duties and powers of the President of the Organisation shall be as follows:
- To maintain discipline in the working of the Organisation.
- To arrange for the training of all those attached to the Organisation.
- To strive to attain the aims and objectives of the Organisation.
- To design/ change the organisational policy, and to reach decisions after consultation with the Advisory Council.
- To summon the meeting of the Advisory Council and to preside over it.
- To extend invitation to a non-member in the meeting of the Advisory Council, but such an invitee shall have no right to vote.
- To accept application for membership and to accept resignation of any member.
- To suspend any member of the Organisation or to expel her.
- To set up regional administrative units in consultation with the Advisory Council.
- To appoint General Secretary and other central level executives/ assistants in consultation with the Advisory Council.
- To supervise the work of units in the light of their local planning.
- To pass decisions related to the unit functioning, in the light of recommendations by the local patron.
- To accept resignation of local office bearers after consultation with the respective local patron.
- To suspend any Unit President, and to dismiss her after consultation with the respective local patron.
- To protect the interest of the organisation
a). She may suspend a local unit.
b). She may dissolve it after consulting with the local patron.
- To use the assets of the Organisation in the interests of the Organisation within the restriction imposed by the Advisory Council, and so sell, purchase, exchange or transfer the movable and immovable properties on behalf of the Organisation.
- The President shall abide by the directions of the Patron and shall be answerable to him.
- Annual Report of the Organisation
- Report of Income & Expenditure of Central Baitul Maal in the light of the previous year’s budget, along with the Auditor’s report.
- Appointment of Auditor.
- Budget for the next year.
- Framing of or amendments in policy programme.
The duties & powers of the General Secretary shall be as follows:
- To supervise the functioning of the central departments
- To look after all organizational matters & properly administer its affairs.
- To maintain contact with all units of the organization, to supervise their working and to guide them when needed, as per the directives of the President of the Organisation.
- To bring the central planning into implementation.
- The General Secretary, in the above mentioned matters, shall discharge her duties as per the instructions of the President and shall be answerable to her.
The duties & powers of the local patron shall be as follows:
- To see that the organization discharges its functions on healthy lines in accordance with its aims & objectives. He shall have the authority, for this purpose, to take appropriate steps at the unit level whenever required.
- To supervise the election of the Unit President.
- To recommend his views to the President on decisions regarding important and controversial matters of the unit.
- To provide all possible support for stabilizing and developing the organization at the unit level.
Note: The local patron shall have the power to nominate any person to act on his behalf, if needed.
- The Local Advisory Council can be formed with the permission/ approval of the President, wherever the count of members in a unit is 25 or greater.
- The number of members of the Local Advisory Council shall be decided by the President in consultation with the unit president.
- Important decisions of the unit shall be decided in consultation with the Local Advisory Council.
- The central Baitul Maal will be under the President, and she shall spend out of it according to the stipulated budget for various heads.
- The auditor will crosscheck the expenditure of the central Baitul Maal.
- The local Baitul Maal will be under the unit president, and she will spend out of it for various heads in consultation with local members or local advisory council.
- Violates articles 3, 4 and 5 of the Constitution in word and deed.
- Deliberately goes against the policy of the organization.
- Adopts an attitude that is harmful to the discipline of the organization or to its religious or moral image.
- Before expulsion, the member will be informed about the reasons of her expulsion and will be given a period of two months to clarify her case and resolve the issue. If it is unavoidable and necessary, the member may also be suspended before her expulsion.