Who are We?
GIO is a girls’ organization, functioning under Jamaat-e-Islami Hind. It works at the state level and is currently operative in several different states of India. GIO seeks to better the individual and in turn, the society by imparting Islamic knowledge, promoting community service, organizing various programs for young girls and engaging in civic activities.
Mode of Working
Our main guiding forces are the Qur’an and the Sunnah. GIO works keeping the moral and ethical values in view. For achieving its aims and objectives, GIO adopts a peaceful and constructive outlook and completely abstains itself from acts of violence or such which may disrupt the peace and communal harmony.
Girls of age less than 30 years can become an associate if she agrees with the aims and objectives and to cooperate and participate in the activities of the organisation. Girls less than 15 years of age come under the Junior Associates where they are prepared in all basic Islamic spheres so that they turn out to be responsible members when they grow up.
• To empower Muslim girls by educating them in Deen-e-Islam.
• To encourage young Muslimahs to connect their Deen & Dunya in a balanced way.
• To discuss worldly issues in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah.
• To nurture creativity, confidence and faith.
• To provide a platform for sharing ideas and talents.
• To create a community of Muslim girls where they can put forward their opinions, problems and suggestions.
Every girl who is an Indian citizen can become a member of this organisation provided that she:
• Pledges after understanding the Constitution of the Organisation that she shall abide by the Constitution
• Is regular in Fasting and Prayer and active in observing other Faraaiz and abstains from Kabaair
• Is of the age between 15 and 30 years. The membership is approved after the State President of the organisation acknowledges the membership application.
Lots of Ways to Get Involved.
Join Us for Our Programs
10:00 – 11:30 am
We are a bunch of young muslimahs, on a journey towards Siraat al Mustaqeem, being each other’s support system. Join us for our weekly programs, every sunday from 10:00 am to 11:30 am at Old Markaz Building, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (Markaz), Abul Fazal Enclave, Delhi
10:00 – 1:00 am
GIO Delhi conducts a special monthly session which is addressed by Ms Rahmathunnissa National Co Secretary of Women’s Wing JIH. The topics are cherry picked issues that are faced by the Muslim girls in the campuses.. Join us at New Markaz Building, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (Markaz), Abdul Fazal Enclave, Delhi
The Latest News & Updates
As the United States Supreme Court judges sit in their chamber, to their right, front, and the left sides are friezes depicting the 18 greatest lawgivers of the world. The second frieze to the right features a person holding a copy of the Quran…
What may be the world's oldest fragments of the Koran have been found by the University of Birmingham. Radiocarbon dating found the manuscript to be at least 1,370 years old, making it among the earliest in existence. The pages of the Muslim holy text had remained...
Praise be to Allah Who has created time and has made some times better than others, some months and days and nights better than others, when rewards are multiplied many times, as a mercy towards His slaves. This encourages them to do more righteous deeds and makes...